This event has ended. For a copy of the recording, please go here: http://info.efprgroup.com/virtual2021-q4
Whether you are an executive leader of a nonprofit organization, or on the Board of Directors, we invite you to join us!
For over 50 years, EFPR Group, LLP has been providing services to the nonprofit industry. We provide audit and/or accounting services to over 400 nonprofit organizations of many differing sizes and sectors throughout New York. We invite you to join us for a special 2-hour webinar focused on our most requested topic: board guidance and training. In addition, we will also offer updates on new guidelines, regulations and concerns directly affecting the nonprofit industry.
November 17, 2021
9:00 - 11:00 AM (EST)
- (1-hour) Board Governance and Training by BoardStrong. Board members are the fiduciaries who steer their organization toward a sustainable future by adopting sound ethical and legal governance, and financial management policies, as well as by making sure the nonprofit has adequate resources to advance its mission. Board members also play a very significant role in providing guidance to nonprofits by contributing to the organization's culture, strategic focus, effectiveness, and financial sustainability, as well as serving as ambassadors and advocacy. BoardStrong regularly works with Boards to help members understand their roles, work as a team and achieve the highest standards of board leadership, governance and oversight. Barbara Paxton, Chief Program Officer at BoardStrong, will be presenting some of the below topics:
- Overview of the Nonprofit Sector (including the regulatory environment and the importance of mission)
- Roles and Responsibilities of Board Members
- NYS Nonprofit Corporation Law Fiduciary Responsibilities (Duties of Care, Loyalty and Obedience), Liability Risks and Indemnification
- Governance vs. Management
- How Boards Operate (Committees, Relationship with the CEO)
- Characteristics of Successful Boards
- Board's Role in Fundraising
- (1-hour) Other Nonprofit Matters
*2 credit NYS CPE is available
Please note, there are several CPE requirements that will need to be met before a certificate will be issued.
• You must be signed in via the Go To Webinar, using the email you registered with, for the entire presentation.
• You must answer all polling questions displayed during the webinar.
• You must complete a survey that will be emailed to you after the event.
If you do not receive the confirmation email from info@EFPRgroup.com, due to your email security filter, please follow this link:
EFPR Group is one of Western New York's largest accounting and business consulting firms serving clients across the United States and internationally. The Firm was founded in 1960 provides an extensive suite of services. More information may be found here: www.efprgroup.com.